The Google Home app walks you through the steps to set up your Google Chromecast Audio device.
If you've already set up your Chromecast Audio on a mobile device, you don't need to set it up again on a different mobile device if all devices are on the same Wi-Fi network.
Note: Chromecast Audio setup on your computer is no longer supported. To set up your Chromecast Audio, use a mobile device.
What you need to get started
- A Chromecast Audio device.
- The latest version of the Google Home app .
- Access to an available power outlet and a secure wireless network.
- A speaker system.
- Meet the minimum Operating System (OS) requirements to run the Google Home app .
- Access to a secure wireless network. Make sure you have the wireless network password handy.
- Connection to Wi-Fi (either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz) and an internet connection.
- A compatible iOS device or tablet.
- Availability and performance of certain features, services and applications are device- and network-dependent and might not be available in all areas. Subscription(s) may be required, and additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply.
Set up Chromecast Audio
- Plug in Chromecast Audio.
- Download the Google Home app on your Chromecast Audio supported iOS device.
- Turn on Bluetooth. If you already have Bluetooth turned on, you can skip to the next step.
- Note: It's recommended to turn on Bluetooth to help improve the setup process.
- If you don't want to turn on Bluetooth for setup:
- Tap No Thanks.
- Open your phone’s “Settings” app tap Wi-Fi.
- Connect to the Wi-Fi network that matches your Chromecast device. Look for something like “ChromecastXXXX.b.”
- Open the Google Home app .
- If prompted, allow the Google Home app to find and connect to devices on your local network. If you don’t get a prompt:
- Open your iPhone or iPad’s “Settings” app.
- Tap Bluetooth turn on Bluetooth.
- Go back to the “Settings” main page.
- Tap Privacy Local Network turn on Google Home app.
- Go back to the Google Home app .
- Follow the steps to set up your device.
- If you can't find the steps to set up your Chromecast Audio, then at the top left of the Google Home app home screen, tap Add Set up device New device.
- Follow the setup steps.
- Setup is successful. You’re all done!
Once your device is successfully set up, discover what you can do with Chromecast.
Mac OS and OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Inc. iOS is a registered trademark of Cisco Inc. The Netflix logo is a trademark of Netflix, Inc. Netflix is available in certain countries. More information at www.netflix.com.