Set up Chromecast Audio
Set up Chromecast Audio from:
Let's get you casting! To set up your Chromecast Audio, you'll need:
- A Chromecast Audio device
- Latest version of the Google Home app
- Access to an available power outlet and a secure wireless network.
- Meet the minimum Operating System (OS) requirements to run the Google Home app .
- Access to a secure wireless network (make sure you have the wireless network password handy)
- Connection to Wi-Fi (either 2.4GHz or 5GHz) and an internet connection.
- A compatible iOS device or tablet
- Availability and performance of certain features, services and applications are device- and network-dependent and may not be available in all areas; subscription(s) may be required, and additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply.
For a video demonstration, check out this YouTube video. If you prefer step-by-step instructions, see below.
The initial steps are for first-time Google Home app users. If you’re already set up a Chromecast Audio device and are setting up another device, you can skip to step 7.
- Plug in Chromecast Audio
- Install the Google Home app by downloading the Google Home app on your Chromecast Audio supported iOS device.
- Make sure to connect your mobile device/tablet to the same Wi-Fi network that you intend to use to set up your Chromecast Audio device.
- Open the Google Home app by tapping the app icon on your iOS device.
- Tap Get Started.
- Confirm Google Account: Choose which Google Account you want to link to Chromecast Audio. You can also add a different account if you don’t see you the account you want to use listed. Tap Ok.
- Bluetooth: If you already have Bluetooth turned on, you won’t see this screen. You can skip to the next step.
- Highly recommended: If you don’t have Bluetooth turned on, the Google Home app will ask you to turn on Bluetooth to help improve the setup process. You can swipe up from the bottom of your Home screen and turn on Bluetooth.
- If you don't want to turn on Bluetooth for setup,
- Tap No thanks.
- Tap your iPhone’s Home button Go to your iOS Settings Wi-Fi.
- Connect to the Wi-Fi network that matches your Chromecast Audio device. Look for something like GoogleHomeXXXX.m.
- Navigate back to the Google Home app. Your device should now be detected. Tap Next. Then skip to step 9.
- Scanning for Chromecast Audio: The Google Home app scans for nearby devices that are plugged in and ready to set up. If no devices are found, make sure you’re near the Chromecast Audio device that you are setting up and it’s plugged into a wall outlet. Then tap Try Again.
- If you only have one device that needs to be set up, tap Next.
- If the Google Home app finds a list of devices, tap the device you want to set up Next.
- Found devices:
- If one device is found, tap Next.
- If multiple devices are found, choose the device you want to set up Next.
- If you don’t see your device, tap Don’t see your device.
- Connecting to your new device. The app will now connect your phone to your new Chromecast Audio so that you can configure it.
- Sound testing and privacy settings: We’ll play a sound on the device to make sure you’re setting up the right device.
- If you hear the sound, tap Yes.
- If you didn’t hear the sound, tap Try again.
- Help improve your device: Automatically share device stats and crash reports with Google to improve everyone’s experience. Tap Yes, I’m in if you would like to help improve your device. Otherwise, tap No Thanks. Here's more about what data is shared when you choose this setting.
- Making a connection: We are now establishing a connection with Chromecast Audio.
- If you heard a sound on your device, tap Yes.
- If you didn’t hear a sound, move closer to the Google Home device and tap Try again Scan for devices.
- Region selection: You may need to set your region. Tap the region list select your region Continue. If you don’t see this screen, move to step 15.
- Room selection: Choose the room where your device is located. This helps you identify the device when you want to cast to it. Tap Next.
- You can create a custom room room by tapping Add custom room type in Room name Next.
- Wi-Fi connection: Choose the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to your device. Tap Next.
- If you selected a Wi-Fi network from the list, you’ll be prompted to enter your Wi-Fi password. Then tap Connect. The Google Home app will remember this network when you set up more devices. If you don’t want the Google Home app to remember this network, uncheck Use this Wi-Fi network to set up future devices.
- If you selected Other Wi-Fi network, you will need to manually enter the Network Name, Password, and select the Security Mode you use with your network.
- Email subscription: Discover tips and new features with email updates for your device and the Google Assistant. Tap Subscribe.
- Summary screen: Here’s a review of what you set up. You can choose to set up other functionality. Tap Continue Finish setup.
- Set up is successful. You're all done!
- Learn more about Chromecast Audio: Read how to use your device. Tap View more Finish Setup.
Once your device is successfully set up, discover what you can do with Chromecast.
Mac OS and OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Inc. iOS is a registered trademark of Cisco Inc. The Netflix logo is a trademark of Netflix, Inc. Netflix is available in certain countries. More information at www.netflix.com.