Casting a Chrome tab or entire desktop
You can use a Chromecast device to show a Chrome tab or your screen on your TV.
You can show most web content. Some plugins won't work, like Silverlight, QuickTime, and VLC.
To show Chrome on your TV, you’ll need:
- A Chromecast, Chromecast Ultra or TV with Chromecast built in.
- To connect your Android and Chromecast devices to the same Wi-Fi network. Learn how to check the Wi-Fi network of your Chromecast device.
Cast your entire Android screen
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Home app .
- At the top left, tap Menu Cast Screen/audio Cast Screen/audio.
- Select your Chromecast device.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- When you've finished, tap the 'Casting screen' notification Disconnect.
Learn more about displaying your Android screen on a TV.
Cast videos and media
Elise is a Chromecast expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.