If your screen shows the message “Your system or an application is having issues,” you can usually recover by restarting your Chromecast with Google TV. If the problem continues, you’ll need to factory reset your Chromecast.
What to do
Use the Chromecast dongle that’s inserted into an HDMI port on your display. You won’t be able to use the Chromecast Voice Remote.
- Find the recovery options near the bottom of the screen.
- To cycle through the recovery options, press the button on the back of your
- To select an option, press and hold the button for 3 seconds.
- Select Try again. This option restarts your Chromecast and may resolve the problem.
- If your Chromecast returns to this recovery screen after the restart, select
Factory Data Reset.