Connect to Bluetooth devices
To use Bluetooth accessories with your Chromebook, first check if your Chromebook works with Bluetooth, then pair your Chromebook with the accessory.
Check if your Chromebook supports Bluetooth
To check if you can use Bluetooth accessories with your Chromebook, click the status area where your account picture appears.
You can tell your Chromebook works with Bluetooth if your menu shows either of these icons: or .
If your Chromebook works with Bluetooth, it can connect to a range of accessories including the following:
- Headsets (audio only)
Pair a Bluetooth accessory
To pair an accessory, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Chromebook.
- Click the status area, where your account picture appears.
- Click the Bluetooth icon, either or .
- If Bluetooth is off, scan for available accessories by doing one of the following:
- Click the Bluetooth Off icon .
- Click Enable Bluetooth.
- Pick the accessory you want to pair and click Connect.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish pairing.
To check that your accessory is paired, check the status area. You should see it listed there.
Note: If you’re turning on your Chromebook for the first time and you have a Bluetooth accessory nearby that’s also turned on, your Chromebook might automatically detect the device and help you pair it.
Troubleshoot Bluetooth problems
If you have problems while trying to use a Bluetooth device with your Chromebook, try the following steps:
- Make sure that the Bluetooth device works with your Chromebook.
- Turn the Bluetooth connection off, then on again.
- Turn your Chromebook off, then turn it back on.
If you still have problems, contact your Chromebook manufacturer or your Bluetooth device's manufacturer.
We want to know if you have problems with Bluetooth, so you can send our team feedback with the shortcut Shift + Alt + I.
Casey is a Chromebook expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.