Buy an app
To start buying apps on the Chrome Web Store, you’ll need the following:
- A Google Account. If you have a Gmail account, you already have a Google Account. If you don’t have an account, you can create one in minutes.
- A Google Wallet account. If you don't have a Google Wallet account linked to your Google Account, you'll be asked to sign up for one when you buy an app.
- A credit card. You can use American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, or Visa Electron to make an app purchase.
How to buy an app
To buy an app from the Chrome Web Store, follow the instructions below.
- Go to the Chrome Web Store.
- Sign in with your Google Account.
- Find an app you want to buy.
- On the details page for the app, you’ll see one of these buttons:
- Free or Add to Chrome. These apps cost nothing. Just click to add them.
- Buy for [price]. Click the button and follow the instructions to buy the app.
- Try now. Some apps that cost money might have this button. This means you can try the app for free before deciding to buy.
- Once you’ve added the app, click the Launch App button on the app’s details page to start using it. You can also launch the app from the App Launcher window that appears on your screen. Learn more about the different ways you can open your apps.
- You'll receive an email receipt from Google Wallet confirming your app purchase.
For some apps you’ll see a message that says “Uses in-app payments.” This means that after you install the app, you may need to make a purchase to use all the tools or features it offers. Learn more about in-app payments.
Some apps are available as subscriptions. You’ll automatically be charged on a monthly or yearly basis through Google Wallet.
You’ll get an email from Google Wallet every time your credit card has been charged. The subscription fee will always be charged to the original credit card you used to buy the app subscription, even if you delete the card information from Google Wallet.
Uninstall an app
If you want to remove an app, just follow these steps:
- Click the Apps icon on the Chrome toolbar. Don’t see the Apps icon? Right-click (control + click on a Mac) the toolbar and select Show Apps Shortcut.
- Right-click (control + click on a Mac) the app you want to remove.
- Select Remove from Chrome.
Learn more about how to uninstall apps.
Cancel an app purchase
After you buy an app with Google Wallet, you have 30 minutes to try it out. If you don’t like it, you can cancel your purchase. Learn more about canceling an app purchase.