After you buy an item on the Chrome Web Store, you have 30 minutes to cancel your purchase before your credit card is charged. The 30-minute cancellation period begins when your credit card is authorised for the purchase in Google Payments.
Note: If you buy the app a second time, the sale is final and your credit card will be charged.
Cancel app purchases or subscriptionsCancel a purchase
To cancel an app or app subscription that you just bought:
- Visit Your Apps.
- Select the app that you wish to cancel.
- On the details page, click Cancel purchase. If you don't see this option, your 30-minute window has expired.
- You will receive a confirmation email. You may see a pending charge on your credit card, but it will disappear.
If you miss the 30-minute window, contact the developer through Google Payments to see if they will offer you a refund.
You can stop a current subscription at any time. Here's how:
- Sign in to Google Payments.
- In the order details, click Manage.
- Click Cancel subscription.
Once you cancel a subscription, you won't be charged for future subscription fees. Past subscription fees won't be refunded. If you have questions, contact the developer through Google Payments.
If your order was cancelled because your card was declined, you'll need to update your payment information. Add a new payment option to purchase the item.
Google reviews orders on a regular basis to ensure that they adhere to our Terms of Service. If your order was cancelled by Google, this will be stated on your order receipt. If a seller insists that your order was cancelled by Google, you may request additional details from the Google Payments team.
Request a refund
After the 30-minute cancellation period, you'll need to contact the seller directly if you want a refund for your purchase:Request a refund from a seller
Here's how you can contact the seller to request a refund:
- Sign in to Google Payments.
- Click on the order for which you'd like to request a refund.
- At the bottom of the receipt, click Contact.
- From the 'Subject' menu, select I'd like to request a refund or return an item.
- Enter any details in the message area
- Click Send email.
Note: Some sellers may not offer refunds and some may charge processing costs. Please give the seller two working days to respond to your request.
If you didn't pay for the app through Google Payments, contact the developer directly:
- In Chrome Web Store, click Your Apps.
- Click the name of the app, extension or theme.
- On the app's page, click Support.
- Contact the developer using the form or visit their website.
To check whether you paid for your app using Google Payments, sign in to Google Payments and see if the app order appears in your Purchase History.
Check the status of your refund
Sign in to Google Payments to check your refund. When the seller refunds your order, you will get an email confirmation and your Payments account will be updated.Trouble getting your refund
Refunds will be credited to the credit or debit card that you used to buy your item. If your bank declines the refund, the reason may be:
- Your card has expired.
- You need to add a new payment method.
A few things to note:
- It may take a few days for the refund to appear on your card.
- Updating your payment method may not automatically resolve refund issues.
- For more details, contact your bank.