Cancellation and refunds
After you buy an item on the Chrome Web Store, you have 30 minutes to cancel your purchase before your credit card is charged. The 30-minute cancellation period begins when your credit card is authorized for the purchase in Google Payments.
Note: If you buy the app a second time, the sale is final and your credit card will be charged.
Cancel app purchases or subscriptionsCancel a purchase
To cancel an app or app subscription you just bought:
- Visit Your Apps.
- Select the app you wish to cancel.
- On the details page, click Cancel purchase. If you don't see this option, your 30-minute window has expired.
- You will receive a confirmation email. You may see a pending charge on your credit card, but it'll disappear.
If you miss the 30-minute window, contact the developer through Google Pay to see if they will offer you a refund.
You can stop a current subscription at any time. Here's how:
- Sign in to Google Pay.
- In the order details, click Manage.
- Click Cancel subscription.
Once you cancel a subscription, you won't be charged for future subscription fees. Past subscription fees won't be refunded. If you have questions, contact the developer through Google Pay.
If your order was canceled because your card was declined, you'll need to update your payment information. Add a new payment option to purchase the item.
Google reviews orders on a regular basis to ensure that they adhere to our Terms of Service. If your order was canceled by Google, this will be stated on your order receipt. If a seller insists that your order was canceled by Google, you may request additional details from the Google Payments team.
Request a refund
After the 30-minute cancellation period, you'll need to contact the seller directly if you want a refund for your purchase:Request a refund from a seller
Here's how you can contact the seller to request a refund:
- Sign in to Google Pay.
- Click on the order you'd like to request a refund.
- At the bottom of the receipt, click Contact.
- From the "Subject" menu, select I'd like to request a refund or return an item.
- Enter any details in the message area
- Click Send email.
Note: Some sellers may not offer refunds, and some may charge processing costs. Please give the seller 2 business days to respond to your request.
If you didn't pay for the app through Google Pay, contact the developer directly:
- In Chrome Web Store, click Your Apps.
- Click the name of the app, extension, or theme.
- On the app's page, click Support.
- Contact the developer using the form or visit their website.
To check whether you paid for your app using Google Pay, sign in to Google Pay and see if the app order appears in your Purchase History.
Check the status of your refund
Sign in to Google Pay to check your refund. When the seller refunds your order, you will get an email confirmation and your Pay account will be updated.Trouble getting your refund
Refunds will be credited to the credit or debit card you used to buy your item. If your bank declines the refund, the reason may be:
- Your card is expired.
- You need to add a new payment method.
A few things to note:
- It may take a few days for the refund to appear on your card.
- Updating your payment method may not automatically resolve refund issues.
- For more details, contact your bank.