Change download locations
You can choose a location on your computer where downloads should be saved by default or pick a specific destination for each download.
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings and scroll down to the "Downloads" section.
- To change the default download location, click Change and select where you'd like your files to be saved.
- If you'd rather choose a specific location for each download, select the "Ask where to save each file before downloading" checkbox.
Default download locations
If you didn't change your default download location, then Google Chrome downloads files to the following locations:
- Windows Vista/ Windows 7/ Windows 8:
Laura is a Google Chrome expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback about the page.