If you make Chrome your default browser, any links you click will open automatically in Chrome.
Set Chrome as your default web browser
Important: Make sure you have Google Chrome downloaded and installed on your iPhone or iPad. Download Chrome for iPhones and iPads.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Chrome app .
- Tap More Settings .
- Tap Default browser.
- Tap Open Chrome settings Default browser app.
- Set Chrome as your Default browser app.
- To make Chrome your default browser on iPhone or iPad, you must have iOS 14 or newer.
- If you don't find the option to change your default browser, you may need to update to the latest version of Chrome. Learn more about how to update Google Chrome.
Add Chrome to your dock
To easily open Chrome later, add the app to your dock:
- To free up space on your dock, touch & hold on an app on the dock.
- Drag the app up and release it on your home screen.
- Touch & hold the Chrome app .
- Drag the Chrome app down and release it on your dock.
- Press the Home button.