Customize your reading experience on Chrome with Reading mode. This feature is conveniently located in the Side panel and helps you:
- Focus more easily on text
- Reduce distractions from images and videos on screen
- Select alternate typeface and font size
- Adjust letter and sentence spacing
- Choose background color
Important: These settings only apply to the text you want to read in the side panel. They won’t apply to any other content in Chrome or to general websites.
Manage Reading mode
When you use Reading mode in the Side panel, you can adjust font settings for easier reading.
- On your computer, open Chrome .
- Go to a website with text that you’d like to read.
- At the top right, select Side panel .
- At the top left of the side panel, select the Down arrow .
- Select Reading mode.
- Under "Reading mode," use the toolbar to:
- Adjust the font: Select the Down arrow .
- Adjust the font size: Select to increase the font size and to decrease it.
- Change the Reading mode background color: Select .
- Change the spacing between sentences: Select .
- Change the spacing between letters: Select .