The Updates technical document is a detailed guide for IT administrators who manage updates to Chrome Browser on Microsoft® Windows® and Apple® Mac® computers.
They can use the guide to help them choose a strategy for managing Chrome updates and learn how to deal with any issues in update management in their organization.
In this guide
- Introduction to the range of update controls you can use for Chrome.
- Learn how to manage Chrome updates using the following methods:
- Strategy 1: Auto-update (updates when they’re available)
- Strategy 2: Version pinning (updates when you’re ready)
- Strategy 3: Full manual updates (updates when you push them)
- Additionally, learn how to:
- Work with limited bandwidth
- Deal with a bug or incompatibility
- Troubleshoot any other issues that can arise by gathering logs