The Managing Extensions in Your Enterprise guide is for IT administrators who are looking for best practices to manage Chrome browser extensions in their organizations. It provides steps for managing extensions using the Google Admin console, Windows Registry, and Windows Group Policies.
In this guide
- Test and evaluate Chrome browser extensions for your organization.
- Decide which extensions to allow based on the permissions they request to run.
- Learn how to manage Chrome browser extensions using the following methods:
- Block extensions based on their permissions.
- Manage extensions by policy.
- Allow or block extensions in the Admin console or Windows Group Policy.
- Your own on-premise web store (not recommended as a best practice).
- Chrome Browser Cloud Management (CBCM).
- Additionally, learn about:
- Blocked and allowed permissions.
- Runtime block hosts.
- Force installed extensions.
- Blocked and allowed extensions