The Updates technical document is a detailed guide for IT administrators who manage updates to Chrome browser on Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac computers.
They can use the guide to help them choose a strategy for managing Chrome updates and learn how to deal with any issues in update management in their organization.
In this guide
- Introduction to the range of update controls you can use for Chrome.
- Learn how to manage Chrome updates using the following methods:
- Strategy 1: Auto-update(updates when they’re available)
- Strategy 2: Version pinning (updates when you’re ready)
- Strategy 3: Full manual updates (updates when you push them)
- Additionally, learn how to:
- Work with limited bandwidth
- Deal with a bug or incompatibility
- Troubleshoot any other issues that can arise by gathering logs
- Chrome Browser Cloud Management
- Managing Extensions in Your Enterprise
- Chrome Enterprise release notes
Google and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.