A companion to the Managing Extensions in Your Enterprise guide, the Understand the risks of permissions for Chrome extensions Guide is a detailed guide for IT administrators who manage the Chrome browser on Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac, or Linux computers.
Admins can use the guide to help them evaluate the security risk of the different types of permissions that Chrome extensions require to run and the next steps to take in managing those extensions in their organization.
In this guide
- Definition of permissions.
- How permissions are declared.
- List of common permissions based on their level of risk.
- Next steps to take in managing extensions.
- Managing Extensions in Your Enterprise
- App and extension policies
- Best practices for extension developers
- View app and extension usage details
- Allow or block apps and extensions
- Chrome Enterprise policy list
Google and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.