As an admin, you can reassign devices from one person to another in your organization. For example, you might want to reassign a device when an employee leaves or move a device from one student to another. When you reassign a device, you remove all user profiles and data from the device but keep the device's enrollment state and device data, such as network profiles.
Reassign a device to another user
From the Admin console Home page, go to DevicesChrome management.
- Click Devices.
- Click the serial number of the device that you want to reassign.
- On the left, click Clear User Profiles.
- Click Clear User Profiles to confirm.
- If needed, add the new user to your organization in the Google Admin console. For details, go to Add users individually.
- Instruct the new user to sign in to the device.