For administrators who enroll Windows, Mac, or Linux computers in Chrome Browser Cloud Management.
When you manage enrolled Chrome Browsers from your Admin console, you can export data collected from your users' browsers. Information is exported as a compressed JSON file.
Download your browser data
From the Admin console Home page, go to DevicesChrome.
- Click Managed Browsers.
- (Optional) In the left panel, select the organizational unit you want included in the download. To download data for all browsers in all of your organizational units, check the Include all organizational units box.
- Make sure that no browsers are selected. (The download button does not appear when browsers are selected).
- Click Download .
- Choose an option:
- To include all known information about each browser, select All available data.
- To exclude information shown only on the browser details page, select Currently visible columns.
- Click Download. It can take a while to collect all of the information and make it available for download. When it's ready, you'll see that the Devices info file is ready. Learn more about monitoring large tasks.
- Once complete, you'll see "Devices info file is ready." Click Download.
What data gets exported?
The downloaded file is in JSON format. It includes the following information for each managed Chrome Browser in your organization, including details such as:
- The OS platform, OS version, machine name, and last user to sign in to the device.
- The browser version, number of policies applied, number of extensions installed, and associated profiles.
- The extensions and plugins installed, including their name, version, and permissions required.
- The policies applied, including their names, values, source, and errors, if applicable.
To open the link to the downloaded information, only the admin who generated the export can be signed in to the Admin console. To see if other admins are signed in, at the top right of the Admin console, click your profile image. If needed, sign out of all accounts, sign back in, and try again.