For administrators who manage Chrome policies from the Google Admin console.
Available with Google Workspace, Chrome Browser Enterprise Support, Chrome Enterprise Upgrade, Chromebook Enterprise devices, and Cloud Identity.
As a Chrome Enterprise admin, you can enforce policies from your Admin console that apply when users sign in to Chrome Browser on any Windows, Mac, or Linux computer--not just on corporate managed devices. Do this to sync users' work apps, home tabs, and themes when they use Chrome Browser on their personal computers.
Users must have managed accounts in your Google Admin console, such as with Google Workspace, Chrome Enterprise licenses, or Cloud Identity.
- Turn on Chrome Browser Management
- Force users to sign in to Chrome (optional)
- Set user-level policies in your Admin console
When you're done
- Policies set for managed Google Accounts are enforced when users sign in to Chrome with their account, on any device.
- Users on corporate Windows, Mac, or Linux computers are forced to sign in to their managed account to use Chrome Browser.
- If there's a conflict between a user policy set in the Admin console and a device policy set, for example, using Windows Group Policy, the device policy takes precedence. For details, see Understand Chrome policy management.