Turn Chrome Management on or off
If you're an administrator of Google accounts for an organization, you can control who uses Chrome Management from their account. Just turn the service on or off for those people in the Google Admin console. Administrators who have Chrome Management turned on can use it to manage your users' Chrome for Work and Education devices.
To control who uses Chrome Management
Before you begin: To turn the service on or off for select groups of users, put their accounts in an organizational unit.
From the Admin console dashboard, go to Device managementChrome management.
If you don't see Device management on the dashboard, click More controls at the bottom.
- At the top of the gray box, click More and choose:
- On for everyone to turn on the service for all users (click again to confirm).
- Off to turn off the service for all users (click again to confirm).
- On for some organizations to change the setting only for some users.
- If you chose On for some organizations:
- Select the organization that contains the users whose settings you want to change.
- Click Override or Inherit, whichever appears.
Override makes the setting stay the same, even if the parent setting changes.
Inherit reverts to the same setting as its parent.
- If you clicked Override, click On or Off to change the setting.
- Click Apply twice to confirm.
Learn more about the organizational structure.
- Click Apply.
- Control who can access Google services
- Opt in to new services (to turn new services on or off by default)
- G Suite for Education Core and Additional services