For iOS devices with Chrome Browser version 92 and later.
As an admin, you can use your Admin console to manage Chrome Browser on iOS devices.
Before you begin
- To manage Chrome Browser from the cloud-based Admin console, you need to associate your devices with a domain. For details, go to Sign up for Chrome Browser Cloud Management.
- To push policies to your iOS devices, use a Mobile Device Management (MDM) vendor that supports AppConfig. For example, JAMF, VMware Workspace One, or InTune.
- To configure settings for a specific group of enrolled Chrome Browsers, set up organizational units.
- Set policies that apply to all Chrome Browser users, whether or not the user is signed in. For details, go to Set Chrome policies for users or browsers.
- To get reporting data on your organization's enrolled browsers, enable Chrome Browser reporting.
Set up Chrome Browser Cloud Management
From the Admin console Home page, go to DevicesChrome.
Click Managed browsers.
(Optional) To add browsers in the top-level organization in your domain, keep Include all organizational units selected. Alternatively, you can generate a token that will enroll browsers directly to a specific organizational unit by selecting it in the left navigation before moving on to the next step. For more information, see Add an organizational unit.
At the bottom, click Add to generate an enrollment token.
Click Download appconfig file. The downloaded XML file contains the enrollment token.
Sign in to your Unified Endpoint Management (UEM).
Upload the XML file to the app or device profile.
Push the profile to iOS devices.
Verify policies are applied
After you apply any Chrome policies, users need to restart Chrome Browser for the settings to take effect. For details, see How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Check users’ devices to make sure the policy was applied correctly.
- On an iOS device, open Chrome Browser and go to chrome://policy.
- Tap Reload.
- Check the Show policies with no value set box.
- For the policies that you set, make sure that Status is set to OK and the policy values match what you set in the policy.