To reply to a Google Chat message, you can enter your text in the reply area or select a suggestion, if available.
Reply faster with suggestions
When you reply to a message, Chat might suggest phrases you can select to respond quickly. These Smart Reply suggestions show up based on the content of the message you received.See how suggested replies work
- Below the message, tap Reply (if you're in a room).
- Enter your message or pick a suggestion.
If available, tap a Smart Reply suggestion to enter your response immediately. You can customize the message before sending.
- Tap Send .
Turn off Smart Reply suggestions
You can turn off Smart Reply suggestions on your device. This won't turn it off on your other devices.
- In the upper left, tap Menu Settings.
- Under Smart Reply, turn off the setting.
You can add these options to your message:
- Tap Mention to add a person to the message.
- Tap Pick photo to add a photo to the message.
- Tap Take photo to take a picture and add it to the message.
- Tap Add video meeting to start a video call.