To reply to a message in Google Chat, you can enter text or select a suggestion if available. You might get suggestions based on the content of the message that you received.
Reply to a message
Tip: If you're in a threaded room, don't enter your reply at the bottom under "New thread." If you do, it creates a new conversation thread instead of a reply.
Turn off suggestions in Chat
You can add these options to your message:
- To add a person to the conversation or mention them, click enter a name.
- To add emojis to your message, click Emoji .
- To share files from your device, click Upload file . Everyone in a room can view shared files.
- To share files from Google Drive, click Add Google Drive file . Everyone in a room can view shared Drive files.
- To start a video call, click Add video meeting .
- To schedule a calendar meeting, click Calendar .
- To send a GIF, click GIF .