By default, chat rooms have a single stream of unthreaded messages. When you create a room, you can turn on threaded messages instead. Conversation threads help your group to discuss separate topics in the same room.
- History is always on in threaded rooms.
- You can’t change this setting after you create the room.
- Sign in to Chat or Gmail.
- Under ‘Rooms’, select a room.
- At the bottom, click New thread in [room name].
- Enter the message.
- Click Send .
Tip: To view new messages: At the bottom, click New messages.