To get someone’s attention in Google Chat, you can mention their name in a message.
Mention someone in a conversation
- When writing a message, enter @.
- Enter a person’s name.
- Send the message.
- To mention more than one person in the same message, enter each of their names.
- To mention everyone in a message, enter @all.
Locate your mentions
Important: If you can’t locate Mentions in Chat, it may not be available to you yet. Learn more about changes coming to Chat.
When someone mentions you, your name is highlighted in their message.
To find all conversations where you’re mentioned, go to Mentions in Chat.
- On the left, click Mentions.
- Click a message where you’re mentioned.
Important: Some messages don’t show in Mentions, including:
- Messages that mention @all.
- Messages in spaces organized by conversation topics.