You can use Groups to quickly invite lots of people to an event at once. When you invite groups, you can have up to 100,000 guests.
Invite a group to an event
Important: To prevent spam, Google Calendar may limit the number of invitations you can send based on your account type. Learn more about Calendar usage guidelines.
Current members of a group can view an event on their calendar.
- If you have "View members" access to a group and create a group event, each member receives an invitation email.
- If you don't have “View members” access, the group receives an invitation. For the event to display on a user’s calendar, each user has to accept the invite from the invitation email.
- If you invite large groups of guests to an event, in the event, you’ll see an invitation in progress message until each guest is invited.
You can view the RSVPs in the group if you:
- Are the event organizer
- Have edit rights to the event
- Go to Google Calendar.
- To view responses, next to the group , click the Arrow .
- If you don't find the group icon and arrow, you don't have permission to view the group's member list.
The guest list matches the group membership for upcoming events. It won't change after an event has passed. If your event has more than 200 guests, membership changes to the guest list take effect in 24 hours.
When you create a recurring event, the guest list will update to match any changes in the group. If new group members have email notifications turned on, they'll receive an email notification for all future recurring events.
View & export RSVP list for groups larger than 200
When you create an event for large groups, you can view and download guest’s replies, email address, and any added notes. Events for large groups can't be transferred to another owner or moved to a different calendar.
- On your computer, open the event on the original calendar from which the event was created.
- Select Export guest responses to Sheets. Google Sheets will make a list from the most current RSVP list.
- To update the information, repeat step 2 above. The export will create a new tab at the beginning of the original Sheet with the most up to date information.
Note: You can only view RSVP status of members of groups that you have permissions to see.
If you can't reply by clicking links in the invitation, this means the event organizer doesn't have permission to view the group's members.