You can use Groups to quickly invite lots of people to an event at once. When you invite groups, you can have up to 100,000 guests.
Invite a group to an event
Members of the group see the event on their calendar. People who join the group later find the event in their calendar. People who leave the group have the event removed.
- On your computer, enter the email address for the group the same way you'd add any guest.
- To view the responses of group members in the guest list, click the Arrow next to the group .
- If you don't find the group icon and arrow, you don't have permission to view the group's member list.
If you're the event organizer or have edit rights to the event, you can view the responses of people in the group.
The guest list updates to match the group membership for upcoming events, but it won't change after an event has passed. If your event has more than 200 guests, group membership changes will take 24 hours to update.
When you create a recurring event, the guest list will update to match any changes in the group. If new group members have email notifications turned on, they'll receive an email notification for all future recurring events.
View & export RSVP list for groups larger than 200
When you create an event for large groups, you can view and download guest’s replies, email address, and any added notes. Events for large groups can't be transferred to another owner or moved to a different calendar.
- On your computer, open the event on the original calendar from which the event was created.
- Select Export guest responses to Sheets. Google Sheets will make a list from the most current RSVP list.
- To update the information, repeat step 2 above. The export will create a new tab at the beginning of the original Sheet with the most up to date information.
Note: You can only view RSVP status of members of groups that you have permissions to see.
If you can't reply by clicking links in the invitation, this means the event organizer doesn't have permission to view the group's members.