Invite groups to calendar events
You can use Groups to quickly invite lots of people to an event at once. By inviting groups, you can have up to 100,000 guests.
Invite a group to an event
Members of the group see the event on their calendar. People who join the group later see the event in their calendar. And people who leave the group have the event removed.
- On your computer, enter the email address for the group the same way you'd add any guest.
- To see the responses of group members in the guest list, click the Arrow next to the group .
- If you don't see the group icon and arrow, you don't have permission to view the group's member list.
Note: In order to prevent spamming, Google Calendar limits the number of invitations a user can send to external guests. This limit varies depending on the action, and is usually between 100-300 guests.
If you are the event organizer or have edit rights to the event, you can see the responses of people in the group.
The guest list will update to match the group membership for upcoming events, but it will not change once an event has passed. If your event has more than 200 guests, group membership changes will take 24 hours to update.
When you create a new recurring event, the guest list will update to match any changes in the group.
If you created a recurring event before August 2017: To make sure your Calendar guest list continues to match group membership in the future, cancel and recreate the event.
See and export RSVP list for groups larger than 200
When you create an event for large groups, you can see and download guest’s replies, email address, and any added notes. Events for large groups can't be transferred to another owner or moved to a different calendar.
To follow these steps, you'll need to have edit rights to an event of 200 people or more.
- On your computer, open the event on the original calendar from which the event was created.
- Select Export guest responses to Sheets. Google Sheets will make a list from the most current RSVP list.
- To update the information, repeat step 2 above. The export will create a new tab at the beginning of the original Sheet with the most up to date information.
Note: You will only see RSVP status of members of groups that you have permissions to see.
I can't reply Yes, Maybe, or No, and the event wasn't added to my calendar
If you can't reply by clicking links in the invitation, this means the event organizer doesn't have permission to view the group's members.
To add the event to your calendar, you must instead click Add to calendar in the top section of the invitation. Note that the event organizer won't receive any RSVP.