Important: This service was previously called Pointy, and it's now fully integrated into Google. The Pointy box is now the product reader, and the Pointy app is now the Local Inventory app.
You can add in-store products to Google automatically. This can help attract local customers to your brick and mortar store. It’s simple and available at no charge.
When you add in-store products, it may help:
- Increase your store’s visibility. Your in-store products can show in search results and on your Business Profile on Google Search and Maps, so customers know what you sell before they visit your store.
- Show customers what’s available in your store. Many customers use Google to check whether stores near them stock the products they want. When you add your products to Google, they can easily check if the product is available in your store.
How to add your in-store products automatically
You can automatically add your in-store products to Google at no charge. Your product feeds are created for you.
Stores with a Business Profile can add in-store products to Google in 2 key ways:
- The Local Inventory app for your point of sale system: You can use the app to sync products available in your point of sale (POS) system to Google. It works with many POS systems, like Clover, Square, and Lightspeed. If the app isn’t available for your system, you can use a product reader. Check the list of compatible POS systems.
- The product reader: You can use the product reader at no charge. To add your products to Google Search and Maps as you scan them, connect it between your barcode scanner and POS system.
You can automatically add products to Google from your Business Profile if you’re a retailer that:
- Is in the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, or Australia.
- Has a physical store that uses a wired barcode scanner or compatible POS system and sells products with manufacturer (UPC/EAN) barcodes. For technical requirements, check your eligibility.
- Has a verified Business Profile.
- Is in an eligible vertical. Check your eligibility.
Tip: Some functionality may only be available in certain countries or regions.
Learn where your in-store products can show on Google
Your in-store products may show on Google Search, Google Maps, and the Shopping tab. Find examples below:
You can manually submit items one at a time with the Product Editor. If you sign up to add products automatically, any products you manually uploaded will be replaced. Your manual contributions are stored until more products have been added automatically.