Many customers find businesses through Google Search and Maps. Google My Business Insights focuses on how customers find your profile on Search and Maps, and what they do after they find it.
View Insights directly from your Business Profile on Google Maps
Owners and managers can check how often their profile’s been viewed through their Business Profile on Google Maps. You can use profile view insights to track how popular your business is with current and potential customers. Only owners and managers of the Business Profile can view profile insights.
To check your profile insights, sign in to the same Google Account that you use for Google My Business. You'll also see simple insights on Maps and search if you're logged in with your profile.
Access Insights for individual profiles
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google My Business app.
- Toward the top of the screen, tap the down arrow View report.
Important: Your dashboard shows the views from the past 28 days. Expect some fluctuation in stats. To get more information on your business's visibility, go to the Insights tab.
You can bulk download Insights for multiple profiles to a spreadsheet. Then you can view how different chain locations are performing on Google Search and Maps.
Insights are only available for verified profiles.
- Select the profiles you want to download a bulk Insights report for.
- Above the list of your locations, click Download Insights. In the screen that open, next to the report you want, click Get report.
- Select the time-frame for your Insights data, then in the bottom right corner of the screen, click Download.
- Your report starts downloading automatically in a new tab. After your report finishes downloading, you can close the tab.
If you haven’t turned on your profile for download, you may see “***” in the columns of your bulk Insights spreadsheet.