Set special hours
For days when your business has an irregular schedule, such as public holidays or special events, you can enter special hours in advance. If you schedule special hours, your normal hours remain in place for all other days.
If you schedule special hours for a public holiday, users will be told that those hours are scheduled specifically for the holiday. If a location doesn't provide special hours for these days on Google My Business, users on Maps and Search will be warned that the location's hours may differ on designated holidays.
It's a good idea to confirm your hours for official holidays even if those hours are the same as your regular hours. This way, you'll make it clear to customers that your holiday hours are accurate.
Special hours can only be entered if you've already provided normal hours.
See the list of holidays on Google by country/region.
To set special hours:
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- If you have multiple locations, open the location that you'd like to manage.
- Click the Special hours section. (You'll only see this section if you've already provided normal hours.)
- Click Confirm hours next to an upcoming holiday. Or click Add new date to choose a different date.
- Enter the opening and closing times for that day.
- Slide the circle to “Closed” to indicate that the location is closed all day.
- If you're open 24 hours, click Opens at and select 24 hours from the drop-down menu that appears.
- If you enter closing hours past midnight, make sure that you set them properly.
When you’ve finished entering all of your special hours, click Apply. Your special hours will appear to customers on Google only for the designated days.
For two sets of special hours on the same day, enter them in separate rows. For instance, if your business is open for a period in the morning, closes for lunch and reopens in the afternoon, enter these special hours in two rows. Click on Add hours to add an additional row of hours.
If you’re only adding special hours to existing locations and don’t want to make other changes, then you may include only the shop code and special hours columns, and not include other columns on the spreadsheet at all. If you include empty columns (columns with headings but no information beneath them) in your spreadsheet, then existing information for those columns will be erased. If you add a new location as well, then you’ll be alerted that you’re missing required column headings.
To add special hours:
- In your bulk upload spreadsheet, locate the “Special hours” column.
- Enter the affected days and their special hours in the following format, with “x” to designate an all-day closure. You can enter hours in 24-hour format:
or AM/PM format:
Separate each set of hours with a comma. To enter multiple sets of opening hours in one day, separate the sets into two entries, with a comma in between. For example, the following represents hours for a business that’s open for two distinct periods on 26 December 2015:
2015-11-26: x, 2015-12-25: x, 2015-12-26: 10:00-16:00, 2015-12-26: 17:00-18:00, 2016-1-1: 00:00-00:00
- Save and import your spreadsheet. Your special hours will appear to customers on Google only for the designated days.
- On the “Edit business info” screen, scroll down and tap Add special hours. If some special hours already exist for your listing, tap your existing hours beside the special hours icon .
- Select the day for which the first set of special hours applies.
- Enter the special opening and closing times. You can also select “Open 24 hours” if your business is open all day, or “Closed” if your business is closed all day.
- Tap OK.
- To add more special hours, tap Add hours.
- When you’ve finished setting all special hours, tap Save in the top right-hand corner of the “Edit special hours” screen.
If a set of special hours extends past midnight and up to or past noon on the following day, then you should break the hours into multiple sets: one that runs until the end of the first day, and one that begins at midnight of the second day. A set of special hours should not exceed 24 hours.
For example, if your business is open from 7.00 p.m. on one day until 5.00 p.m. the next day, enter your hours as follows:
2015-11-26: 19:00-00:00, 2015-11-27: 00:00-17:00
In this case, your regular hours for the second day will be ignored in favour of the special hours. If you want to keep any of the next day's hours, make sure that you enter them again in your list of special hours: