Add local business photos or videos
Photos and videos help people find your business across Google, including in Search and Maps. These photos and videos come from both businesses themselves and customers. Add your own business photos to showcase your products and services to people who are looking for what you offer.
Add photos or videos
After you select the photos or videos that you want to add to your Google My Business listing, make sure that photos are in either JPG or PNG format and the right size, and videos follow our guidelines. Then, follow the steps below to upload them to your listing:
Add a photo with the mobile app
- Open the Google My Business app.
- Tap Home.
- In the bottom right-hand corner, tap the plus icon .
- Tap Add photos.
- Choose the type of photo or video that you'd like to add.
- Choose a photo or video from your camera roll, or take a new one.
- Tap Upload.
Add a photo from your Business Profile on Google Maps
If you’re an owner or manager of a business who have one or more verified listings, you can add photos directly from your Business Profile on the Google Maps Android app:
- On your Android device, open Google Maps .
- To open your Business Profile, enter your business name in the search bar.
- In the toolbar, tap Add a photo.
- Choose your photo, then in the top right-hand corner, tap Submit .
You can see your uploaded photos on your Business Profile immediately.
Types of photos
There are several types of photos that you can add to your business listing:
- Logo: Help your customers recognise your business on Google.
- Cover photo: Showcase your page’s personality. Adding a cover photo automatically sets it as your listing’s preferred photo. This action doesn’t guarantee that it populates as the first image for your business, but it does tell Google that you prefer to display this photo.
- Additional photos: Add different photos to spotlight features of your business that customers consider when making purchasing decisions. Learn more about business photos.
Your photos will look best on Google if they meet the following standards:
- Format: JPG or PNG
- Size: Between 10 KB and 5 MB.
- Minimum resolution: 720 px tall, 720 px wide.
- Quality: The photo should be in focus and well lit, and have no significant alterations or excessive use of filters. In other words, the image should represent reality.
Make sure that your videos meet the following requirements:
- Duration: Up to 30 seconds long
- File size: Up to 100 MB
- Resolution: 720p or higher