Google My Business Locations news & updates
New navigation - September 2015
It’s now easier to navigate between Google My Business Locations and Google My Business. Users can also manage locations and Google+ pages from one place. Learn more
Additional phones - June 2015
The "Alternate Phone" and "Mobile" spreadsheet columns have been merged into a single column called "Additional phones".
The "Additional phones" column allows up to 2 comma-separated phone numbers (mobile or landline, no fax) at which your business can be called, in addition to your primary phone number.
Any phone numbers previously provided as alternate or mobile will appear in "Additional phones" the next time you download your locations. If you're using an older version of the spreadsheet, be sure to move any alternate and mobile phones into the new "Additional phones" column before you import; otherwise, your mobile numbers may be erased.
Several other column names have been adjusted: "Primary phone", “Business name”, "Website", "Hours", "Photos". The usage of these columns hasn’t changed.
The Google My Business Locations tool has gotten a makeover!
Don’t worry—most of the functionality should be familiar. To learn more about the new design, visit Navigate the Locations tool.
You’ll notice two new columns in your spreadsheet:
- "Primary category"- A single category shared across all locations of your business
- "Additional category" - Up to 9 other categories that represent your business.
These columns replace the previous "Categories" column. If you're using an older version of the spreadsheet, add new columns for "Primary category" and "Additional category" in your spreadsheet. You can delete the old "Categories" column.
See Create your bulk upload spreadsheet for more information on this change.
We’ve upgraded Google My Business Locations accounts to provide better tools to manage business information for verified accounts. These tools offer an improved process for updating and maintaining your locations.
As a result of the upgrade, the status of some of your locations may have changed.
Here’s a quick overview of what’s changed:
- Updates go live faster.
- Most updates to go live in a day unless they are sent for review.
- Increased visibility to help you quickly diagnose and fix your account
- See if your location information is live, modified, or not live.
- See owners and managers for your locations.
- Your locations are connected to Google+ and other Google features.
- More location management tools.
- Add managers on individual locations or on all of your locations grouped under a business account.
- Request access to locations owned by other users.
- Get email notifications from other users who want to share management of your location information.
The upgrade also changes the process for updating your business information:
- We’ve introduced new policies that make updating business information more straightforward.
- Each location has one verified owner and up to 50 owners or managers.
- We’ll ask you to check in frequently to ensure that accurate information is displayed to customers.
- Check back weekly for updates from Google to your information.
- Respond to management access request emails from business associates.