Important: Due to COVID-19, you may experience delays in getting your postcard.
Most verification postcards arrive within 14 days, but shipping times may vary. To avoid delays, don’t request a new code or edit your business name, address, or category while you wait.
Learn how to verify your business with a postcard:
Verify your Business Profile
Important: When you enter your code, make sure you don’t enter an incorrect code more than 5 times. If you do, verification will fail and you won’t be able to verify your business. You must then delete the page from your Google My Business account and create a new Business Profile to verify your business.
Once you receive your verification postcard:
- Log in to Google My Business.
- Use the same account you used to request the postcard.
- If you manage multiple businesses, choose the one you want to verify.
- In the left menu, click Verify now or Verify location and follow the on-screen instructions.
- If you requested multiple verification codes, when prompted, enter the code from your most recent request. Your older requested codes won’t work.
Once you enter the code, your business verification is complete. You can now make changes to your business information, share pictures, and write posts that may appear in Google Search and Maps.
Tip: If your address changes before you're verified, you must request a new code. Businesses are only allowed a limited number of verification attempts over a period of time. You won’t be able to update your business name until you complete verification.