Help with postcard verification
Note: Most postcards arrive within 14 days. Shipping timelines may vary. To avoid delays, do not edit your business name, address, or category, or request a new code while you're waiting.
Once you’ve received your verification postcard:
- Log in to Google My Business. Use the same account you used to request the postcard.
- If you’re managing multiple businesses, choose the one you’d like to verify.
- Click Verify location from the menu (or click the Verify now button) and follow the prompts to complete verification.
- If you’ve requested multiple verification codes, use the code from your most recent request; the codes from your older requests won’t work.
- Do not enter an incorrect code more than 5 times. If you do, you'll receive a message indicating that your verification failed, and you will no longer be able to verify the business. You'll then need to delete the page from your Google My Business account and start the process again by creating and verifying a new page for your business.
Once you have entered the code, your business will be verified and you will be able to make changes to your business information, share pictures, and write posts that may appear in Google Search and Maps.
Change in address? If your address changes before you're verified, you'll need to request a new code. Pages are allowed a limited number of verification attempts over time. You won’t be able to update the business’s name until the verification process is complete.