If you get an error in Blogger, try the steps below to troubleshoot.
Troubleshoot an error
- Reload the page.
- Make sure you've updated your browser to Chrome 49 and later or Safari 10 and later.
- Use a different browser. If you use Internet Explorer, turn off compatibility mode.
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies.
- Open a window and browse in private.
- If Blogger opens correctly, remove your extensions or plugins.
- In the Blogger community, search for your issue or post.
If none of the steps fix your problem, find your issue below to troubleshoot.
Tip: If you get the error when you save changes in your theme or gadget, check your code for problems.
Troubleshoot other problemsYour blog is still online after you deleted it
If you recently deleted a blog, it may take some time to completely disappear. Learn how to remove the cached version.You can't delete a post
You can't upload pictures
- To delete a post that someone else wrote, contact your blog administrator.
- If a blog only has one post, create a post and then delete the old one or delete your blog.
The sidebar moves to the bottom of the page
- In your popup blocker settings, try to:
- Turn off popup blocker.
- Add Blogger.com as an approved webpage.
- In the “Add Images” box, make sure to click Select.
Check if your content is too wide for the column.A gadget is broken
Your blog is blank or displays code
Remove the gadget:
- In the left menu, select Layout.
- On the gadget you want to remove, click Edit Remove.
Check your theme code:
- In the left menu, click Theme.
- On the right, under your blog, click Edit HTML.
- Check the code and fix it or pick a new theme.
- Click Save.
If your theme code seems correct, you may have encoding issues.
To change your browser's encoding settings, in your browser:
- Firefox: Click View Text encoding. Set your encoding settings to auto detect or Unicode (UTF-8).
- Safari: Click View Text encoding. Set your encoding settings to auto detect or Unicode (UTF-8).
- Internet Explorer 11: Click View Encoding. Set your encoding settings to auto detect or Unicode (UTF-8).
Tip: On Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge, you can't change your encoding settings.
If you continue to get errors: In the upper right corner of your Blogger dashboard, click Help and feedback Send feedback.