If you get an error in Blogger, try the steps below to troubleshoot.
Troubleshoot an error
- Reload the page.
- Make sure you've updated your browser to Chrome 49 and later or Safari 10 and later.
- Use a different browser. If you use Internet Explorer, turn off compatibility mode.
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies.
- Open a window and browse in private.
- If Blogger opens correctly, remove your extensions or plugins.
- In the Blogger community, search for your issue or post.
If none of the steps fix your problem, find your issue below to troubleshoot.
Tip: If you get the error when you save changes in your theme or gadget, check your code for problems.
Troubleshoot other problemsYour blog is still online after you deleted it
- To delete a post that someone else wrote, contact your blog administrator.
- If a blog only has one post, create a post and then delete the old one or delete your blog.
- In your popup blocker settings, try to:
- Turn off popup blocker.
- Add Blogger.com as an approved webpage.
- In the “Add Images” box, make sure to click Select.
Remove the gadget:
- In the left menu, select Layout.
- On the gadget you want to remove, click Edit Remove.
Check your theme code:
- In the left menu, click Theme.
- On the right, under your blog, click Edit HTML.
- Check the code and fix it or pick a new theme.
- Click Save.
If your theme code seems correct, you may have encoding issues.
To change your browser's encoding settings, in your browser:
- Firefox: Click View Text encoding. Set your encoding settings to auto detect or Unicode (UTF-8).
- Safari: Click View Text encoding. Set your encoding settings to auto detect or Unicode (UTF-8).
- Internet Explorer 11: Click View Encoding. Set your encoding settings to auto detect or Unicode (UTF-8).
If you continue to get errors: In the upper right corner of your Blogger dashboard, click Help and feedback Send feedback.