For most actions, you can control the screen with your hands or your voice.
On Smart Clocks, you can use the Google Assistant in Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Japanese, Norwegian, Spanish, and Swedish.
Smart Clock & Smart Display differences
Your Smart Clock is designed for the bedroom, so it has different capabilities than Smart Displays. As a result, the following features aren’t available on Smart Clocks.
- No video playback, but you can cast videos to Chromecast-enabled TVs.
- No camera.
Set & edit an alarm
To set an alarm, swipe down from the top of the screen or ask the Google Assistant to set an alarm.
To view your set alarms, swipe left on the home screen or ask the Google Assistant what alarms are set.
To change an alarm, like its time, alarm sound, or if it triggers a routine:
- On your Smart Clock home screen, swipe left.
- Pick an alarm.
- Scroll for different options.
- To change an option, tap it.
Use your clock
- Access quick actions: From the top of the screen, swipe down.
- Go back to the previous screen: From the left edge of the screen, swipe right or say "Ok Google, go back."
- Go to the Home screen: Swipe right or say "Ok Google, go Home."
- Change the volume: Use the buttons on the device or change the volume with your voice.
- Silence notifications: Swipe up, then tap Do not disturb .
- Alarms and timers still work when “Do Not Disturb” is on.
- Turn your microphone on or off: On the back of your Smart Clock, use the switch.
- Night light: From the top of the screen, swipe down and tap on.
Change your clock’s settingsChange your default alarm settings
- On your Smart Clock home screen, swipe left to the alarm list page.
- Tap Settings .
- Scroll for different alarm settings.
- To change an alarm setting, tap it.
- Adjust brightness: Swipe up, then tap Brightness .
- Set minimum brightness: Swipe up. Tap Settings Display settings Minimum brightness.
- Set your low light clock face: Swipe up. Tap Settings Display settings During low light.
- On your Smart Clock home screen, tap and hold the clock face.
- Swipe left or right for different clock faces.
- To choose a clock face, tap it.
- Optional: To change the clock face color, mode, or temperature, tap Edit .
Learn how to set up a live album on your Smart Clock.
You can adjust your Night light color, brightness, and duration.
- Color: Tap Settings Night light settings Color.
- Brightness: Tap Settings Night light settings. Under “Brightness,” move the slider.
- Night light duration: Tap Settings Night light settings Duration.