For most actions, you can control the screen with your hands or your voice.
On Smart Clocks, you can use the Google Assistant in Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Japanese, Norwegian, Spanish, and Swedish.
Smart Clock & Smart Display differences
Your Smart Clock is designed for the bedroom, so it has different capabilities than Smart Displays. As a result, the following features aren’t available on Smart Clocks.
- No video playback, but you can cast videos to Chromecast-enabled TVs.
- No camera.
Set & edit an alarm
To set an alarm, swipe down from the top of the screen. Or, ask the Google Assistant to set an alarm.
To see what alarms are set, swipe left on the home screen. Or, ask the Google Assistant what alarms are set.
To change an alarm, like its time, alarm sound, or if it triggers a routine, follow the steps below.
- On your Smart Clock home screen, swipe left.
- Pick an alarm.
- Scroll to see different options.
- To change an option, tap it.
Use your clock
- Access quick actions: Swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Go back to the previous screen: From the left edge of the screen, swipe right or say "Ok Google, go back."
- Go to the Home screen: Swipe right or say "Ok Google, go Home."
- Change the volume: Learn how to change the volume with your voice, or use the buttons on the device.
- Silence notifications: Swipe up, then tap Do Not Disturb . Alarms and timers still work when Do Not Disturb is on.
- Turn your microphone on or off: Use the switch on the back of your Smart Clock.
Change your clock’s settings
You can change settings like how loud your alarms are, what your alarms sound like, and how long an alarm will snooze for.
- On your Smart Clock home screen, swipe left to the alarm list page.
- Tap Settings .
- Scroll to see different alarm settings.
- To change an alarm setting, tap it.
- Adjust brightness: Swipe up, then tap Brightness .
- Set minimum brightness: Swipe up. Tap Settings Display settings Minimum brightness.
- Set your low light clock face: Swipe up. Tap Settings Display settings During low light.
You can change what your clock face looks like.
- On your Smart Clock home screen, tap and hold the clock face.
- Swipe left or right to see different clock faces.
- To choose a clock face, tap it.
- Optional: To change the clock face color, mode, or temperature, tap Edit .