You can ask your Google Assistant to help with routines throughout your day. Say one command and your Assistant can do multiple actions.
For example, if you say:
- “OK Google, good morning,” your Assistant can turn on the lights, tell you about the weather, play music or news, and more.
- “OK Google, let’s go home,” your Assistant can give a traffic update, send and read texts, play a podcast, and more.
- “OK Google, bedtime,” your Assistant can set an alarm, turn off lights, play sleep sounds, and more.
To see other routines you can get help with, follow steps 1—4 below.
Important: For now, this feature isn't available in all languages.
Create or change a routine
- On your iPhone, open the Google Assistant app .
- At the top right, tap your profile image or initial.
- Tap Assistant Routines.
- Choose which kind of routine you want:
- Ready-made routine: Select an existing routine, then choose actions.
- Custom routine: Tap Add , then choose a command and action. To delete a custom routine, at the top, tap Delete .
- Optional: To change an action, tap Settings .
- Tap Save.
Note: Shortcuts will no longer be available in the Google Assistant. Your shortcuts will automatically be turned into custom routines.
Commands you can use
When you create a custom routine, you can enter a command that works with your Google Assistant or choose a popular action. Here are examples of commands you can use: