Important: For now, this feature isn't available in all languages.
You can ask the Google Assistant on your speakers, Smart Display, or Smart Clock to play radio stations by name, location, and more.
- Say "Ok Google" or press the button to talk to your Assistant.
- Say a command, for example:
- Station name: Play ESPN Radio. Play Mega 97.9 FM. Play Mega 97.9 on iHeartRadio.
- Frequency: Play 98.5.
- Call sign: Play KQED. Play KFOG.
- Location: Play Z100 in New York.
- Nearby NPR station: Play NPR.
- Find info: What’s playing?
Control what’s playing
- Pause or stop: Pause. Stop. Stop the radio.
- Resume: Resume. Continue playing.
Change the volume
You can set the volume to a specific level (1–10) or percent (1–100%).
- Increase: Turn it up. (Increases volume by 10%).
- Decrease: Turn it down. (Decreases volume by 10%).
- Set a level or percentage: Volume 5. Volume to 65%.
- Learn more about how to change volume.
Control radio from the Google Home app
If you're using your Google Assistant on a speaker, Smart Display, or Smart Clock, you can change the volume in the Google Home app.
- On your phone or tablet, open the Google Home app .
- At the bottom, tap Home .
- Tap your device Change the volume.