You can touch and hold your earbud to start talking to your Google Assistant. Release your earbud when you're done.
With gestures, you can:
- Start and stop a conversation with your Google Assistant
- Answer and end phone calls
- Play and pause media
- Hear notifications, and more
Gestures you can use
The gestures you can use change depending on the headphones you’re using. To learn more, refer to your device's instruction manual or packaging, or go to your headphone manufacturer’s support site. You can find their site through Assistant settings:
- On your Android phone or tablet, say "Hey Google, open Assistant settings."
- Tap Devices your headphones.
- Under "Support," tap Help.
Gestures you can use on 3.5 mm wired headphones
You can use gestures on your wired headphones to ask Assistant questions or get info.
Talk to your Assistant
Touch and hold the action button until you hear a chime, release, then speak.
See how to talk to your Assistant
Have your Assistant read your notifications
Touch and hold the action button until you hear two chimes, and then release.