With Google Assistant, you can use your voice to quickly and easily reach out for help from your trusted contacts with Pixel’s Personal Safety app. This app includes features like Safety Check and Emergency Sharing.
Share your location with Emergency Sharing
You can share your real-time location with a set of emergency contacts. They’ll receive a text message with a link to track you through Google Maps. You can also share a reason for starting Emergency Sharing and call emergency services directly from the app.
Prepare a Safety Check
You can turn on a Safety Check for a specified time duration. If you don’t respond in time, Safety Check will automatically turn on Emergency Sharing. This shares your live location with a set of emergency contacts. During the Safety Check, you can also manually trigger Emergency Sharing and call emergency services.
What works with Safety Check & Emergency Sharing
- Google Assistant on supported Pixel devices (Pixel 4+)
Set up Safety Check & Emergency Sharing
To use Google Assistant with the Personal Safety app:
- On your device, make sure Google Assistant is on.
- Open Personal Safety .
- For each Personal Safety feature you want to use, follow the on-screen instructions for setup.
Tip: To use Safety Check or Emergency Sharing when your phone is locked:
Start & stop Safety Check with Assistant
You can prompt your Assistant to start or stop a Safety Check in the Personal Safety app. To start the Safety Check on your device, say:
- “Hey Google, start a Safety Check.”
- If you don’t specify a time or date, your Assistant will ask you for how long. The maximum duration is 24 hours.
- “Hey Google, start a Safety Check for 30 minutes.”
To stop the Safety Check on your device, say:
- “Hey Google, stop Safety Check.”
Tip: If you don’t stop the Safety Check, Emergency Sharing turns on. Your Assistant notifies you that Emergency Sharing has been turned on and your location is shared to your emergency contacts.
Start & stop Emergency Sharing with Assistant
You can prompt your Assistant to start or stop Emergency Sharing in the Personal Safety app. This shares your live location with a set of emergency contacts.
To start Emergency Sharing on your device, say:
- “Hey Google, start Emergency Sharing.”
To stop Emergency Sharing on your device, say:
- “Hey Google, stop Emergency Sharing.”