Connect your watch with your phone
Your Android Wear watch works together with your phone, so you'll need to connect them.
Before you start, make sure your watch and phone are compatible.
- Turn on your watch.
- On your phone, open the Android Wear app . Tap Set it up.
- When you see your watch’s name, tap it.
- You’ll see a code on your phone and watch.
- If the codes are the same: On your phone, tap Pair. Pairing can take a few minutes, so be patient.
- If the codes are different: Restart your watch and try again. If the codes still don't match, try these troubleshooting steps.
- To finish set up, follow the onscreen instructions. Make sure the box for notifications to Android Wear is checked.
Note: When your phone and watch are paired, you’ll see "Connected" on the Android Wear app on your phone. When they’re not paired, you’ll see Disconnected on your watch’s screen.
Change your watch's language
Your watch's language will be the same as your phone's. To change the language on your watch, switch to a new language on the device it's connected with.
Connect multiple watches
You can pair multiple watches to a single phone or tablet.
- On your phone, open the Android Wear app .
- Next to the connected watch's name, tap the Down Arrow Add a new watch.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
Note: You can’t pair a watch with more than one phone or tablet.
If you're having trouble connecting your watch, try these troubleshooting steps.
Andrea is an Android expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.