Connect your watch with your phone
To get the most out of your Android wear watch, connect your watch with the Android Wear app on your phone.
Note: Other than turning Bluetooth on, you won't need to use the Settings app on your phone.
Before you start, make sure your watch and phone are compatible.
- Turn on your watch.
- On your phone, open the Android Wear app . Tap Set it up.
- When you see your watch’s name, tap it.
- You’ll see a code on your phone and watch.
- If the codes are the same: On your phone, tap Pair. Pairing can take a few minutes, so be patient.
- If the codes are different: Restart your watch and try again. If the codes still don't match, try these troubleshooting steps.
- To finish set up, follow the onscreen instructions. Make sure the box for notifications to Android Wear is checked.
When your phone and watch are paired, you’ll see "Connected" on the Android Wear app on your phone. When they’re not paired, you’ll see Disconnected on your watch’s screen.
Change your watch's language
Your watch's language will be the same as your phone's. To change the language on your watch, switch to a new language on the device it's connected with.
Connect multiple watches to your Android phone
You can pair multiple watches to a single Android phone or tablet. If your watch is connected to an iPhone, you won't be able to pair multiple watches to it.
- On your phone, open the Android Wear app .
- Next to the connected watch's name, tap the Down Arrow Add a new watch.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
Note: You can’t pair a watch with more than one phone or tablet.
If you're having trouble connecting your watch, try these troubleshooting steps.
Andrea is an Android expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.