When you make a purchase on an Android TV, some payment methods need additional verification. You can't verify a purchase on Android TV.
If you get an error message, you can use a different payment method or complete your purchase on another device, like a phone or computer.
Choose a different payment method
You can try another payment method to complete your purchase on your Android TV. Not all payment methods need verification. Learn how to add payment methods in Google Pay.
Purchase an app or movie on another device
- On a phone or computer, go to play.google.com.
- Sign in with the same account on your Android TV.
- Search for the content or app you want to buy.
- Follow these steps to complete your purchase:
- For apps: Complete your purchase. Choose your Android TV from the list of devices.
- For content such as a movie or show: Complete the purchase on this device. You can play your new content on any device, including your Android TV.
Start a subscription on another device
- On a phone or computer, go to the website or open the app for the subscription you want to start.
- Complete your purchase on the website or app.
- On your Android TV, choose Back to close the error message.
- Open the app. If you don’t have the app on your Android TV, download it.
- Sign in to your account.