Download and delete apps and games
You can get apps and games for your Android TV through the Play Store app.
Get apps and games
- From the Android TV Home screen, scroll down to the "Apps" row.
- Select the Google Play Store app .
- Browse or search for apps and games.
- To browse: Move up or down to view different categories. When you find a category you’re interested in, move to the right to view items.
- To search: To speak your search, scroll to the top of the screen and select the Microphone. To type your search, scroll to the right at the top of the screen and select Input .
- Select the app or game you want.
- Free app or game: Select Install.
- Paid app or game: Go to step 5.
- Select the price Continue How to add a credit or debit card.
- On a computer or mobile device, go to the link shown on your Android TV screen and select Payment methods.
- Add your card info.
- On your Android TV, select Yes, I've added a new card and select your card when it appears.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish buying the app or game.
Find previously downloaded app or game
If you’re looking for an app you previously bought or downloaded:
- From your Android TV Home screen, scroll down to Settings .
- Select Settings Apps.
Delete an app or game
- From the Android TV Home screen, scroll down and select Settings .
- Under "Device," select Apps.
- Under "Downloaded apps," choose the app you want to remove.
- Select Uninstall OK.
Note: If you don’t want an app to show up in the top row of the Android TV Home screen, turn off notifications for that app. Go to Settings Apps Select an app Notifications Off.