Set up and use the Google Assistant on your Android TV
You can ask questions and complete tasks on your Android TV device.
The Google Assistant comes installed on your Android TV device. You can turn it on when you first set up your device, or you can turn it on later.
On Android TVs, the Google Assistant is available in English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian), and Spanish. More languages are coming soon.
Before you begin
First, set up your Android TV.
If your TV is already set up, check for updates:
- On your TV, choose Settings About.
- Select System upgrade Check for upgrade Check now.
- If your system needs an update, select Download.
- If you don’t need an update, you’ll see, "Your system is up to date."
Set up your Assistant
- On your Android TV’s remote, press the Assistant or Microphone button.
- On your TV screen, an introduction will appear. Follow the steps to finish setup.
Talk to your Assistant
- On your Android TV’s remote, press the Assistant or Microphone button. Then ask your question. To make sure the Assistant can hear you, speak into the microphone on your remote.
- On some devices, you don’t need the remote. Say “OK Google” to activate the Assistant.
To do more with the Assistant on your Android TV:
- Ask the Assistant, “What can you do?”
- On your phone, download the Assistant app .
If you don’t have an Android TV device but your TV works with the Assistant, learn how to use the Assistant on other TVs.