You can ask questions and complete tasks on some TVs with Google Assistant.
On TVs with the Google Assistant, the Assistant is available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Spanish. More languages are coming soon.
Set up a TV with the Google Assistant
If a TV works with Google Assistant, its package will say so. For example, some 2018 and newer LG, Samsung, and Dish TVs work with Google Assistant.
What you’ll need
- A TV with the Google Assistant
- The Google Assistant app
- A Google Account
- An Android phone or tablet that:
- Runs Android 5.0 and up
- Works with a 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz Wi-Fi network
- An internet connection and secure wireless network
Start your setup on an Android device
Connect your TV to the same Wi-Fi network as your Android device.
Install recent updates on your Android device. Find out how to check for the latest Android version.
Update the apps on your Android device. Learn how to get the latest version of your apps.
Get the most recent version of the Google Assistant app:
- On your Android device, go to the Google Assistant app page and tap Install or Update.
- If you find "Installed," you already have the latest version.
To start the setup, on your Android device, open your Google Assistant app and say, "Set up my Assistant device."
- Tip: You can also visit g.co/assistant/setup from a web browser like Chrome or Firefox.
Follow the onscreen instructions.
Sign in to your Google Account
When you sign in to your Google Account, you can ask Google Assistant to perform tasks like:
- Control your smart home devices
- Search and show your Google Photos
- Manage your Google Calendar and daily routines
While some manufacturers require you to sign in when you set up your TV, others give you the choice to sign in anytime after setup. To sign in to your Google Account:
- On your remote, press the Google Assistant button .
- Ask for a personalized result. Say something like “show my photos” or “what’s on my calendar.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Do more on your TV with your voice
On your remote, press the Google Assistant button and ask a question or say a command.Watch TV
- Movies & TV shows:
- Play Stranger Things on Netflix.
- Play [show or movie title] on [streaming service].
- Find romantic movies.
- Search for sitcoms.
- Show me sci-fi TV shows.
- Show me [actor or actress name] movies.
- Video clips: Play funny cat videos.
- Apps: Open YouTube.
- Info: Tell me about Game of Thrones.
- Playback: Pause. Stop. Resume.
- Change to BBC News.
- Switch to CNN.
- Channel [name or number].
- Louder. Volume up.
- Softer. Volume down.
- Set volume to [number].
- Switch to HDMI 2.
- Connect to bluetooth.
- Power: Turn off.
Tip: You can also ask Google Assistant to do more tasks like control your smart home devices. Learn more about what you can ask Google Assistant.