After you get your Android TV, you’ll need to set it up and connect your remote.
Before you start
Check that you have:
- A Wi-Fi internet connection
- A Google Account
If your TV doesn't have Android TV built in, you'll need:
- An external device with Android TV
- One TV or monitor that has HDMI ports and supports HDCP
- One HDMI cable
Step 1: Connect your Android TV
If Android TV is built into your TV, plug it into an outlet and turn it on, then skip to step 2.
If you have a separate Android TV device, you’ll need to connect it to your TV monitor:
- Turn off your TV or monitor.
- Connect your Android TV device to your TV or monitor with the HDMI cable.
- Plug your Android TV device into an outlet.
Step 2: Pair your remote
- Turn on your TV or monitor.
- To select the right input for your Android TV device, press the Source or Input. You should find an image of a TV, a remote, and a timer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to pair your remote.
When the remote connects to the TV, a check mark appears on the screen. If it doesn’t connect right away, try step 3 again.
Step 3: Set up your Android TV
There are 2 options to set up your TV:
- Quick Start with an Android phone
- Set up with your remote
If you haven’t already, choose a language before starting the sign-up process.
Set up with Quick Start
- When your TV says, “Quickly set up your TV with your Android phone?” use your remote to choose Continue or Yes.
- On your Android phone, open the Google app .
- Type or say “set up my device.”
- Follow the instructions on your phone until you get a code. Enter the code on your TV.
- On your phone, tap the name of your TV when it shows up.
- To finish setup, follow the instructions on your TV.
Tip: Your TV automatically signs in to your Google Account and connects to the same Wi-Fi as your phone.
Set up with your remote
- When your TV says, “Quickly set up your TV with your Android phone?” Use your remote to choose Skip.
- Connect to Wi-Fi.
- Your system may need time to update.
- Choose Sign in Use your remote.
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- To finish setup, follow the on-screen instructions.