With Health Connect, you can manage your fitness and health app connections and data with a single app.
Get Health Connect on your phone
Before you get started, download the Health Connect from the Play Store.
Access the Health Connect app
You can access the Health Connect app through the following:
- On your device, go to Settings Apps Health Connect and tap Open.
- In your quick settings, if you’ve added Health Connect to your quick settings. Learn more about quick settings.
- In your Privacy settings, if Health Connect is preloaded on your device.
Connect your Apps
- On your device, open the Health Connect app .
- Tap App permissions.
- Turn on apps that you want to sync with Health Connect.
- Select data permissions that you want to share.
- Tap Allow.
Tip: To begin to sync apps, some apps may require you to begin in the connected app itself. Learn how to troubleshoot Health Connect.
What data is shared
When you connect and grant access to an app, it has the permission to read and write data to Health Connect. Once access is granted, the connected app can access data from the last 30 days and any new data written after that.
A connected app’s service will continue to retain a copy of the data it shared with Health Connect. Your data is stored locally, on your device, and you're in control of which apps have access to your data on Health Connect and what kind of data is shared with your connected apps.