Compare data in reports
Comparisons let you evaluate subsets of your data side by side. For example, you might compare all data generated by Android devices and all data generated by iOS devices.
You create comparisons by creating conditions based on dimensions and dimension values, for example:
|Dimension||Example dimension values|
|Platform||Android, iOS, Web|
|Country||Argentina, Germany, Japan|
|Audience||Any audience you have defined|
Multiple values for the same condition are evaluated with OR logic, e.g., Platform = Android OR iOS; Country = Argentina OR Japan.
Multiple conditions within the same comparison are evaluated with AND logic, e.g., (Platform = Android OR iOS) AND (Country = Argentina OR Japan).
To add comparisons to a report:
- At the top of the report, click the Customize report icon.
The condition builder opens in the right pane.
- Click + Add new comparison.
- Select Include or Exclude depending on whether you want the condition to include or exclude the data you define.
- Click in the Dimension field to select a dimension (e.g., Platform)
- Click in the Dimension Values field to select one or more dimension values (e.g., Android, iOS).
- Click Add new condition to select another dimension and values for that dimension.
- Click Apply.
Create a separate comparison for each set of data you want to compare, e.g., to compare app and web data, create one comparison for Android and iOS, and another comparison for Web.
A color-coded version of the data appears for each comparison.
If a report doesn't support a condition (e.g., the report doesn't include one of the dimensions), then a blank card appears for that comparison. In this case, choose different dimensions for the condition or remove the condition. This is most likely to occur in the Realtime report.
Comparison definitions appear at the top of your reports, and remain in effect as you switch reports unless they are not applicable to the data in the report.
To dismiss a comparison, click X to the right of the definition.