Salesforce Marketing Cloud audience integration
The Google Analytics 360 integration with Salesforce Marketing Cloud lets you publish audiences created in Analytics 360 to Marketing Cloud, and use those audiences in your Salesforce email and SMS direct-marketing campaigns.
You can use these audiences in Marketing Cloud Journey Builder.
How it works
When a user clicks through to your site from a Marketing Cloud campaign that has Analytics auto-tagging enabled, Analytics automatically detects and stores the Marketing Cloud Subscriber ID with your other Analytics first-party data.
Any audiences that you create in Analytics and publish to Marketing Cloud are populated in Analytics and surfaced in Marketing Cloud as a list of Subscriber IDs.
- Google Analytics 360
- Edit permission for the Analytics property for initial link setup and audience publishing
- Administrator permission in Marketing Cloud for initial link setup
- Google Analytics 360 Integration for Marketing Cloud configured in Marketing Cloud (learn more)
- Marketing Cloud Journey Builder (learn more)
You can't export audiences that include data derived from Google signals, including age, gender, and interest-category dimensions.
Link Analytics to Marketing Cloud
You need Edit permission for the Analytics property you want to link.
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Click Admin, and navigate to the property you want to link.
- In the Property column, under PRODUCT LINKING, click Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Click Create Link, and follow the steps to log in to your Marketing Cloud account, then click Next.
- Enter a name for the link, and click Save.
Publish audiences from Analytics to Marketing Cloud
Once you’ve established the link from Analytics to Marketing Cloud, you can publish audiences to Marketing Cloud.
For these audiences, choose Salesforce Marketing Cloud as the destination.
Learn more about creating and publishing audiences in Analytics.
These audiences appear in the Audiences list in Analytics (Admin > Property column > Audience definitions > Audiences). Salesforce Marketing Cloud appears as one value in the Type column in the Audiences list.
Allow up to 24 hours for audiences to be visible in Salesforce Marketing Cloud and available for targeting.