About the Goal Flow report
The Goal Flow report shows the path your traffic traveled through a funnel towards a goal conversion. This report can help you see if users are navigating your content and completing a targeted objective as you expect them to.
Use the Goal Flow report to investigate questions like:
- Where do users enter my funnel — at the first step, or are they jumping in somewhere in the middle?
- Are there a lot of unexpected exits from a step in the middle of the funnel?
- Is there a place where traffic loops back?
- Is there one segment of traffic that acts differently than other segments? Is it converting more or less often?
If a segment of traffic behaves differently than you would like at any particular step, take a look at that content. You might find an element that doesn’t render properly or that the navigation from a user's perspective is different than you expected when you set up your funnel. After an evaluation and making any necessary corrections, revisit the Goal Flow Report in a few weeks to see if the changes you made improved the conversion rate for that specific Goal.
See Goal Flow
To see the Goal Flow report:
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- Navigate to the desired view.
- Select the Reporting tab.
- Select Conversions > Goals > Goal Flow.
For information about how to configure the report and use the different visualization options, read Using Flow reports.