Configuring Search Console data in Analytics
Enable Search Console data sharing
In order to use the Search Console reports, you need to enable Search Console data sharing in your property settings.
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Select the Admin tab and navigate to the property in which you want to enable Search Console data sharing.
- In the PROPERTY column, click Property Settings.
- Scroll down to Search Console Settings. You should see the URL of your website, which confirms that the website is verified in Search Console and that you have permission to make changes. If you do not see the URL, you need to add your site to Search Console.
- Under Search Console, select the reporting view(s) in which you want to see Search Console data.
- Click Save.
Historical data in your Search Console reports
Search Console keeps data for the last 90 days. As a result, SEO reports in Analytics also include a maximum of 90 days of data.
Search Console data is available in Search Console and in Analytics 48 hours after it is collected by Search Console.
When you enable Search Console data sharing, historical Search Console data is available to your reports, and is affected by two factors:
- The creation date of the Analytics view
Data in an Analytics view is available only from the creation date of the view forward.
- The date and time of site verification in Search Console
Data is available within 24 hours of site verification.
If you complete site verification and then create a view, data is available from the creation date of the view forward.
If you create the view and then complete site verification, data is available from the time of site verification forward.
- Jan 1: Create View A in Analytics.
- Feb 1: Verify your site in Search Console.
- Mar 1: Create View B in Analytics.
- Apr 1: Enable Search Console data sharing
Given this series of events:
- View A includes Search Console data beginning Feb 1.
- View B includes Search Console data beginning Mar 1.